1. Development Associate
Position Summary: This position will primarily be responsible for supporting the Director of Development by managing event logistics, and will also take primary responsibility for marketing Big Brother Big Sisters of Central Arkansas via social media.
The Development Associate will play a key role in helping the office reach out to volunteers, and effectively engage donors.
A. Coordinating all aspects of event preparation, including:
- Securing event venues as needed and communicating with on-site contact.
- Coordinating all event logistics including the planning of food and beverage and event related support materials
- Ensuring that event stays within budget by tracking costs and reporting to Accounting
- Creation of event timelines and staffing plans
- Ensuring that all invoices and payments are accurate and timely
- Production and distribution of invitations
B. Assisting the Director of Development with event follow-up, including:
- Assisting in the production and mailing of appropriate “thank you” correspondence for hosts, in-kind donors, and major gift contributors
C. Marketing the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization through social media platforms by:
- Utilizing Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in order to build the profile of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas in the community in order to help generate new donors, and volunteers.
- 1+ years of event logistics experience, or transferrable skills with a proven track record of success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of common social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Well-developed organizational and time-management skills
- The ability to work outside of regular business hours as needed
- An articulated belief in the mission of BBBS
2. Local Route Drivers
We are seeking applicants for our Little Rock Donation Center driver position. Qualified applicants will possess excellent customer services skills, reliable transportation, and have flexible availability. This is a full time position and includes a benefit package and a 4 day work week. All applicants will be required to pass a background check, drug screen, and Department of Transportation physical. A CDL is not required; experience is a plus but not required to operate our 16-foot box truck. Starting pay is $12.50 per hour.
You may apply at 1125 S. Broadway, Little Rock, AR 72202, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 501-374-4480.