Big Role Models
THE BIG ROLE MODEL PROGRAM
Due to lack of interest, we will not have a 2017 Big Role Models class. We would love to have your help in starting NOW to plan for the class of 2018 (including planning the program, building the class, and/or serving on the committee). If you are or will be 16 or older for the 2017-2018 school year and want to be in class 2018 or are any age and interested in serving on the committee, please contact us at 501-374-6661 to see how you can help starting NOW!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas (BBBSCA) values the youth in our communities. The Big Role Model Program of BBBSCA was created to effectively support and encourage students ages 16-18 to become involved in the community through philanthropy.
BBBSCA will select 10 boys and 10 girls that exemplify the core values that have been adopted by BBBSCA. These core values are…
Integrity | Accountability | Diversity | Respect | Leadership
Quality | Service Excellence | Fun | Initiative l Empowerment
- We want to applaud these exceptional young adults for the decisions they have already made and offer support for the life changing decisions they will make in the next few years.
- By inviting them to become ambassadors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas we hope to teach them the value of donating just a few hours of their time each month. They will discover that a few hours make a BIG impact!
- We hope that participating in the Big Role Model Program will be a positive and life changing experience, one they will carry with them as they grow and become the leaders of tomorrow.
The Big Role Models Program supports BBBSCA in many ways:
- Increases awareness about BBBSCA and its mission: To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. By involving BRM and their families in the programs and activities of BBBSCA.
- Cultivates new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers for the one to one mentoring program. Thereby allowing the mission of BBBSCA to be carried out.
- Supports the mission of BBBSCA: To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever through annual donations.
WHAT IS A BIG ROLE MODEL?
Big Role Models (BRM) are high school students in the Central Arkansas area ages 16-18.
- These students have displayed the character and traits that the BBBSCA program looks for when selecting Bigs.
- BBBSCA would like to take these students and educate them about our programs, the value of 1-to-1 mentoring and the lasting effect it can have on a child’s life.
- BRM will participate in over 80 hours of education and volunteering in the mentoring program of BBBSCA.
- The term runs from September through May. Upon successful completion, BRMs will be eligible for exclusive BBBSCA college scholarships.
- Each student will receive a portfolio of editorial prints from top photographers in Central Arkansas. These pictures may serve as an alternative to Senior pictures.
- BRM will receive documentation of program completion for use in college applications.
- Big Role Models are responsible for raising $2,400 each – $250 deposit with application
- Agree and sign the conduct contract
- Attend activities
- Complete at least 80 hours of volunteer service
- Attend scheduled photo shoots
- Big Role Models must be present at the culmination ceremony in May
To learn more about this program, or to apply to be a Big Role Model for the 2016-2017 class, please contact Sheena Fluker at email@example.com or by calling 501.374.6661
See our 2014-2015 Big Role Models featured in these local publications:
Inviting Arkansas – January 2015, May 2015
Little Rock Family – May 2015
Arkansas NEXT 2014-2015 issue
High Profile – August 2014, May 2015
Sync Weekly – May 2014