Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas. It is a very rewarding experience to become a mentor and positive role model to a child.
To become a mentor, a volunteer must be at least 16 to participate in the school/site-based program and at least 19 to participate in the community-based program.
Mentors must reside in Pulaski, Faulkner, or Pope County. Individuals living in surrounding counties may be eligible based on whether they work in and/or frequent those counties.
- Complete an application packet
- Conduct an interview with BBBSCA staff
- Volunteer application
- 3 reference checks (2 for school-based program)
- Child abuse registry check
- State police background check/national background check (Please contact us before starting the process if you have questions about background check information. Due to the fact we are a youth serving organization any information may be reported in regards to your background.)
- Driving record check (community-based program only)